Conditions of Sale
The Santa Fe Art Auction does not provide in-house shipping services for online-only auctions but we are happy to provide a selection of local third-party shippers. Buyers are required to provide written authorization by submitting a signed shipping release and waiver of liability form, included with our invoice, in order to release property to the third party shipper of Buyer's choice.
Santa Fe Art Auction may in certain circumstances, and at its discretion upon the request of the buyer, pack and ship artworks in-house. In such event, Buyer agrees to the following conditions:
(a) All such packing, handling and shipping is at the sole risk of the Buyer and the Santa Fe Art Auction shall have no liability for any loss or damage to such items, and
(b) Buyer shall pay all related expenses in advance. Buyer should allow four to six weeks for shipping from the date of the auction.
SANTA FE ART AUCTION IS PLEASED TO PRESENT THE FOLLOWING SHIPPING OPTIONS. PURCHASES SHALL NOT BE RELEASED UNTIL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED IN FULL.
_____ I would like to pick up my artworks from Santa Fe Art Auction.
Arrangements for pick up must be made within 2 weeks post sale via email or telephone. I understand that I may be liable for New Mexico Sales tax.
_____ I would like my artwork to be released to a third-party shipping company (selected below).
If I select this method of shipping, I understand I must sign and deliver to the Santa Fe Art Auction the Release and Insurance Waiver below.
The UPS Store
223 N Guadalupe St.
Santa Fe, NM 87501
369 Montezuma Avenue
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Art Handlers LTD
1570 Pacheco St. Suite A-1
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Company Name / Authorized Agent _____________________________
RELEASE & INSURANCE WAIVER
1. I, ________________ ("Purchaser") have paid for and own the following art: Lot (s) # ________________ (hereinafter "Work(s) of Art").
2. I want my Work(s) of Art shipped via this shipper: ___________ ("Shipper"). Santa Fe Art Auction ("SFAA") is hereby directed to release the Work(s) of Art to Shipper at SFAA's location in Santa Fe, New Mexico on a date stated in writing to SFAA by Purchaser.
3. SFAA shall be released and discharged from any and all duties of care owing from SFAA to Purchaser and Purchaser hereby unconditionally waives any and all claims against SFAA.
4. Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that SFAA, and any of their agents do not carry specific insurance for the Work(s) of Art listed. The Purchaser has agreed to arrange or cause to be arranged the insurance for the transit and handling of the property. SFAA shall bear no responsibility for the adequacy of the Purchaser's insurance.
5. Upon delivery of the Work (s) of Art to Shipper, and at all times thereafter, Purchaser shall indemnify and hold SFAA harmless from and against any and all claims related to the Work(s) of Art, directly or indirectly, however such claims may arise.
6. Purchaser affirms to SFAA that Purchaser has the authority to execute and perform this Release.
Buyers Signature Date
ADDENDUM: Request for Frame Removal
** I, _________________________ ("Purchaser") hereby request the following Lot(s) ______________ be removed from the frame by SFAA prior to release to my selected Shipper.
1. Such service shall be provided to the Purchaser at a cost of $_____________ per Lot.
2. The Purchaser shall hold harmless SFAA for any and all claim(s), for any loss or damage howsoever occurring, irrespective of negligence, including any claim expense or consequential loss while handling, removing from frame or uninstalling.
Sales Tax Information:
We must charge sales tax in New Mexico (8.4375%) and New York (8.875%) for all lots sold to those states. This will be reflected on your invoices.
Santa Fe Art Auction is not required to collect sales tax from Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon. Recently revised tax laws require all businesses to collect sales tax if they meet a given state's threshold for an economic nexus. An economic nexus is used in place of a physical presence in the state and can be met by either a total sales amount limit into that state or a total number of individual transactions into that state.Due to the variable nature of auction sales, and the small window in which they occur, the Santa Fe Art Auction does not yet know if the states not listed above will require sales tax collection, as that will be determined by the total dollar amount sold into each state--which cannot be predicted. The Santa Fe Art Auction will be tracking these totals to the extent possible during the sale, and will strive to inform the purchaser at the time of invoicing if sales tax collection is required; however, it may be necessary to bill for sales tax post-sale if the threshold for an economic nexus in the purchaser's state is met after the purchaser has paid.
Even if the Santa Fe Art Auction is not required to collect sales tax from the purchaser's state, unless exempted by law, the purchaser will be required to pay all applicable state and local sales, gross receipts, and compensation tax per the terms and conditions.
If the purchaser has a valid resale certificate, the purchaser will not be required to pay sales tax. Please provide a copy of this certificate at the time of registration for tax compliance.